When the time comes to move to independent or assisted living, downsizing from the family home can seem like a daunting task.
Seniors themselves may find it physically challenging to take on a move and adult children are often leading busy lives with careers and children of their own to manage.
As Certified Professional Senior Move Managers we understand both the practical and emotional aspects of moving. We follow a well-proven, three step process to support the family and minimize stress:
“I give you all a ‘5 out of 5’ on the survey. Your company greatly reduced my stress before, during and after the move. The team was so nice to have around and my new home was much more comfortable because you set it up so nicely!”-N. K.
1. Prepare for the move
- Meet with you to discuss your specific needs and desires
- Prepare for the transition to your new home, complete with a floor plan
and valuable items
- Help with the downsizing prior to the move, making sure your keepsakes
and valuable items receive the attention they deserve
- Disperse the excess items: gift, sell, donate, or recycle
- Schedule movers for the move date
2. Manage the moving day
- Oversee the careful packing of all your belongings
- Oversee the moving truck loading
3. Set up your new home
- Manage the unloading of the truck
- Place your furniture according to the floor plan
- Set up your kitchen
- Unpack and put away your clothes in the closets and drawers
- Make the bed and set up the bathrooms
- Hang your pictures and place artwork
- Make sure your TV, PC and telephone all work
From the moment you step across the threshold it will feel like “Home”!
Before & After
To find out more about our Senior Move Management services email us or call the number below.
Meet with you to discuss your specific needs and desires